My daughter was killed by a speeding big-rig, should I file a wrongful death claim?

Yesterday marked the 2 year anniversary of the day that my daughter had her life stolen from her. I lost my wife my little girl was born, and now that my daughter is gone too, I have no one. Two years ago, my daughter was on her way walking home from school, when the accident happened. I work just a few blocks away from her school, and our daily routine is that she walks 3 blocks and I meet her just halfway, she was only 8 years old. One afternoon, she decided that she was ready to make the trip to my office all by herself, and so I stood outside of my office knowing that she would approach soon. At the busy intersection just across the street from the office, she knew to wait to cross until the “walking” sign flashed. As she walked across the way a speeding 18 wheeler blew through the intersection not even seeing my daughter, and she was killed at the scene. I saw it all happen, and even though the man was arrested for vehicular manslaughter and a DUI, I want him to pay for killing my baby girl. Is my case appropriate to file for a wrongful death lawsuit?

Answers (1) disclaimer

44 Montgomery Street
San Francisco CA 94104
Millions Recovered For Accident Victims
(415) 675-1095

The Matiasic Firm

Millions Recovered For Accident Victims
No person deserves to lose the life of a loved one because of a driver’s negligence. Based on the information you have discussed, it was their drunkenness that likely lead to the dangerous driving, and ultimately the death of your daughter. It is your right as a father to fight for compensation for the wrongful death of your daughter. While no amount of money can ever bring her back, it may help pay for the debt that was gathered for funeral costs, lost wages, and the like. Contact a trucking accident attorney today to discuss your case and to find out how you can fight for what you deserve.

Related Questions

Do we have a possible lawsuit?

My son and his pregnant wife had a bad 1 vehicle accident on I 459 when he lost control of the 2007 Nissan Frontier. It spun a few 360's and hit the ...
answered by Arnold & Itkin - Offshore Injury Lawyers - Alabama View answers »

Do insurance companies go out of their way to NOT send you your comp checks and not approve therapy on purpose??

I thought you didnt want any details!! I can NOT get my adjuster to answer calls or return calls or answer emails hardly at all!!!
answered by Kennedy Hodges, L.L.P. - Arizona View answers »

if I was injured while visiting a friend in Utah but live in California which state should I get an attorney?

my friends cat attacked me and caused injuries enough to go to the hospital. when my friend tried to get his cat off me it turned on him. he joined me ...
answered by Barrett Injury Law - Utah View answers »