Can I sue the Catholic church for being molested by a priest 39 years ago?

These memories were suppressed for 39 years. Just recently did I remember them. Recently discovered articles about the priest (who admitted and was convicted) of abusing me. Have all the proper documentation. Happened in the state of West Virginia. Court ordered guardianship to a priest whom the Catholic church knew was a pedophile. need attorney. no money. statue of limitations is an issue.

Answers (1) disclaimer

1953 Southwest 27th Avenue
Miami WV 33145
Miami Personal Injury Attorney
(305) 707-6436

Klemick & Gampel

Miami Personal Injury Attorney
Catholic priest sexual abuse claims are becoming increasingly common as more and more victims are encouraged to speak up about the abuses that they experienced in the past. If you have been abused by a Catholic priest in the past, it is never too late to speak up. Even if you experienced abuse decades ago, you should still receive compensation for the pain and suffering that you have been put through. In your state of West Virginia, the state code talks about this in W.V.C. ยง55-2.15. The West Virginia code says that there is an extended statute of limitations on these sexual abuse claims, and it lasts for twenty years after the offense initially took place. You will need to prove that you were prevented from knowing about the abuse at the time of the injury be reason of concealment, an inability to comprehend the injury, or another extreme hardship. For example, if you were asleep or drugged when the abuse occurred, and only recently learned about it, then you may still be able to litigate. If the incident happened over 20 years ago, then it may be void. You will want to talk to a personal injury attorney about the details of your case to explain why you have waited so long to discuss the crime and what damages you desire. In some states, there is no state of limitations and victims can file a claim at any time in their lives. For example, in Alabama and Alaska, victims have no time limit on when they can file their abuse allegations. You say that you have all the proper documentation to support your claim, and this will greatly help you in court. You should not represent yourself, but instead hire an accomplished attorney to use that evidence in your favor in court.

Related Questions

Do we have a possible lawsuit?

My son and his pregnant wife had a bad 1 vehicle accident on I 459 when he lost control of the 2007 Nissan Frontier. It spun a few 360's and hit the ...
answered by Arnold & Itkin - Offshore Injury Lawyers - Alabama View answers »

Do insurance companies go out of their way to NOT send you your comp checks and not approve therapy on purpose??

I thought you didnt want any details!! I can NOT get my adjuster to answer calls or return calls or answer emails hardly at all!!!
answered by Kennedy Hodges, L.L.P. - Arizona View answers »

if I was injured while visiting a friend in Utah but live in California which state should I get an attorney?

my friends cat attacked me and caused injuries enough to go to the hospital. when my friend tried to get his cat off me it turned on him. he joined me ...
answered by Barrett Injury Law - Utah View answers »