I slipped at the library; are they at fault for my fracture?

Last week when i left the restroom at the library I slipped on the wet floor and fell really hard. I had to go to the emergency room and it turned out my wrist was fractured. The puddle was from the drinking fountain and I didn't see a sign about a wet floor. Can i sue the library for my medical bills? I don't have insurance.

Answers (2) disclaimer

10130 Mallard Creek Road
Charlotte WA 28262
Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer
(704) 341-5558

Lanier Law Group - Charlotte

Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer
With the help of a personal injury attorney, you may be able to seek compensation through a premises liability claim. The library does have a responsibility to protect its patrons from injury, and the failure to fix the leaking drinking fountain or clean up the puddle and post warning signs could make them liable for your injuries. You should contact a lawyer in your state to talk about your accident and learn if you have grounds for an injury claim.
1 Center Plaza
Boston WA 02108
Boston Personal Injury Lawyer
(617) 523-2800

Law Offices of Martin D. Finkel, P.C.

Boston Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured in a public location like a library, there is certainly a possibility that you can be compensated for your pain. In order to start litigation, it is essential that you hire an accomplished personal injury attorney in your area. You will want the situation to be investigated, may need to interview witnesses, and may want to probe and determine if others have been injured because of the same slippery hazard at your library. A personal injury attorney can help you to accomplish all of these efforts as well as other activities that are association with your case. If you have been injured and can prove that the accident would have been preventable if the library personnel would have taken reasonable effort to maintain their property, then you may have the right to compensation. You will want to prove that there was no warning nearby showing that you needed to walk with care or that the floor was slippery. If you cannot detect any previous warnings, then talk to a slip & fall attorney about seeking compensation from the library.

Related Questions

Do we have a possible lawsuit?

My son and his pregnant wife had a bad 1 vehicle accident on I 459 when he lost control of the 2007 Nissan Frontier. It spun a few 360's and hit the ...
answered by Arnold & Itkin - Offshore Injury Lawyers - Alabama View answers »

Do insurance companies go out of their way to NOT send you your comp checks and not approve therapy on purpose??

I thought you didnt want any details!! I can NOT get my adjuster to answer calls or return calls or answer emails hardly at all!!!
answered by Kennedy Hodges, L.L.P. - Arizona View answers »

if I was injured while visiting a friend in Utah but live in California which state should I get an attorney?

my friends cat attacked me and caused injuries enough to go to the hospital. when my friend tried to get his cat off me it turned on him. he joined me ...
answered by Barrett Injury Law - Utah View answers »