Wrongful Death

By Joshua Glotzer  Aug. 13, 2016 10:36p

If a loved one is injured in an accident, they can bring a personal injury lawsuit to recover for damages. However, what happens if your loved one is killed in an accident? In that case, you bring a wrongful death claim to recover for your losses.

Under California law, a family member is allowed to bring a wrongful death action. In that action, you can recover for economic losses, as well as non-economic damages. Non-ecomic damages include loss of consortium, loss of guidance, and loss of services.

If you have lost a loved one due to someone else's negligence, you only have two-years to bring a claim. As such, it's in your best interests to immediately speak with personal injury attorney to best understand your options.

Other Recent Articles

Dog Bites

Dog bites in Los Angeles, CA are a common occurrence. Fortunately, you may be eligible to recover thanks to California's strict liability rule on dog attacks. Find out more in our article.
More Articles »

Motorcycle Accidents and Info

Motorcycle accidents are on the rise in Los Angeles. This is due to many factors including gas prices, increasing number of motorcyclists on the road, and lack of car driver awareness. Find out what ...
More Articles »
(213) 309-3050
714 W. Olympic Boulevard Suite 632
Los Angeles, CA 90015

(310) 623-1941

Main Website:
View Website
Contact our office by email or phone instantly by clicking the options below: